My reflections after reading The Connected Learner in a PLE.
Thank you Professor Plourde for posting this on our Pintrest site. I think articles that center around “connected learners” is a great direction for us to start thinking about HOW to use these tools. When I think of the possibilities I am a bit overwhelmed and feel that we need to have our own “Connected Classroom Learning Standards/Rules/Manifesto..etc.”
We need to address these challenges:
1. How do we navigate the infinite choices that change, break, get bought/sold?
2. In what ways should we use the tools of choice? What are the best practices?
3. What privacy issues need to be addressed by the school district, the parent, future stakeholders in this child’s life?
4. How do we address this ending paragraph from this site?
- “As proponents for the use of technology, we also realize that the noise from myriad digital distractions threatens the cognitive complexity of learning. Learners need to have the skills to know how to self-regulate the use of these tools.”
I hope that we will begin to discuss some of these questions that keep me wondering about web 2.0.
- Personal Learning Environments and the revolution of Vygotsky’s Zone of Proximal Development (downes.ca)